Saturday, August 16, 2008

Better Black Television - BBTV

There will be a new network television station airing in 2009. Better Black Television, or BBTV, is the brainchild of Percy Miller, or better known as Master P. After having a highly successful hip-hop career, Miller later made his way into the official world of entrepreneurship by launching a clothing line and a sports talent agency. But he's no where near finished. Miller also decided he wanted to bring better television choices to people in the U.S. BBTV, a family-friendly cable network, will provide "positive content for a black and brown culture," according to a statement made by a member of his team.

Siting Bob Johnson, founder of BET, as his mentor, Miller stated, "I wanted to know TV, so I hung out with Bob and learned the TV game from one of the best in the business." Miller has been thinking about starting his own television network for a while now. "I believe that there is a market in our community for a new, diverse network that provides a new brand of superior programming that caters to all aspects of television, from reality to original programming," he said.

Well, I can't wait to check it out. I love good television, and I love positivity, so I'll definitely be tuning in.

A word from Vee to Master P: Uhh!...na na na now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Peace P, and wishing you success!

Vee

No comments: